Hebrews 13:13-16 (ESV)
“[13] Therefore let us go to HIM outside the camp and bear the reproach HE endured. [14] For here WE HAVE NO LASTING CITY, but WE SEEK THE CITY THAT IS TO COME. [15] Through HIM then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to GOD, that is, the fruit of lips that “ACKNOWLEDGE HIS NAME”. [16] Do not neglect to DO GOOD and to SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE, for such sacrifices are PLEASING TO GOD.”
Formerly in my life, I was CONSUMED with the results of my favorite college football team! Keeping up with the team and their results was paramount to me. Friends of mine currently are going to see their favorite teams, as I’m sure most of the country is. The amount of investment that is spent towards collegiate sports is ASTRONOMICAL, because of the love of the respective teams.
When I saw the above listed verses, my mind went to all of the time, effort, and treasure that was invested in supporting my teams. But then I take into consideration the amount of money that I have spent playing, watching my loved ones playing, or just watching good teams playing all kinds of sports, and it rattles my brain that I should have been investing in THE KINGDOM OF GOD as much as my own desires!!!
As I am probably in my senior citizen years, it is almost shameful that THE KINGDOM OF GOD has been in the “back seat” of my mind until now?? Sure, my sons (and now my grandchildren!) dominated my passions at the time, but THE KINGDOM OF GOD is the MOST IMPORTANT from my current point of view!!!
GOD’S WORD is instructing us to “ACKNOWLEDGE HIS NAME” in the passage of Scripture above! Whether it is a sporting event, a social gathering, or whatever we try to elevate before our SAVIOR…….we MUST “ACKNOWLEDGE HIS NAME” and WHO HE TRULY IS……THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment