Mark 1:35 (ESV)
JESUS Preaches in Galilee
“[35] And rising VERY EARLY in the morning, while it was still dark, HE departed and went out to a desolate place, “AND THERE HE PRAYED”.”
JESUS IS FULLY GOD (John 1:1) AND FULLY human (John 1:14), so why did HE need to go to a desolate place “AND THERE HE PRAYED”? Maybe HE needed to set an example FOR US that no matter how “close” we may get to THE LORD, we will ALWAYS have a need to seek HIS guidance and direction before proceeding WHEREVER we need to go?? We have HIM living inside of us so that HE “abides” with us, protecting us from going “astray”!
The “METHOD” that HE CHOOSES can be uncomfortable at times, but HE promises to never leave us, not that the journey will be smooth and without conflict! JESUS CHOSE to come to earth, AND SUBMIT HIMSELF to unimaginable scorn and humiliation, all so this “reject” could have eternal life WITH HIM!!! Why do I fail to ELEVATE HIM with every breath of HIS that I consume??? Instead, I would rather be BUSY with the cares of “this world”, neglecting to make HIM THE FOCUS of my being?
JESUS AND THE FATHER ARE ONE (John 10:30), yet when GOD ALMIGHTY came to earth for thirty-three years HE didn’t come as a powerful potentate! HE came in a cattle barn, because there was NO ROOM for HIM anywhere else!! HIS Majesty can be seen THROUGHOUT CREATION, yet humanity couldn’t recognize HIM walking in their midst!
JESUS, UNREMARKABLY and VERY OFTEN (Luke 5:16), got ALONE with GOD to pray! What makes me think that I should not be surprised by this??? A reprobate at best, I am UNWORTHY to even come into HIS PRESENCE, but I am to follow the direction given to me by THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES!!! Wherever HE LEADS, I should be able and willing to remember “AND THERE HE PRAYED”!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment