Wednesday, September 16, 2026

“IN PEACE!”

 



Psalm 4:8                 (ESV)


    “[8] “IN PEACE” I will both lie down and sleep;

        for YOU ALONE, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.”





It is not often nowadays that I wake up early in the morning.  Since the Brain Hemorrhage over 19 years ago, I have slept about 10 hours a night most of the time, with very few exceptions. 


“The coma” was as PEACEFUL as anything I have ever experienced in my life!  Having the people who love me suffer through that tumultuous ordeal is not something that I would want for them, but LETTING GO of the cares of “this world” is something that is VERY FREEING!!!


When we are able to REST “IN PEACE” from the cares of “this world”, it is truly something that can only be achieved through THE LORD OF HOSTS!  Acknowledging that HE IS IN CONTROL is paramount to being able to sleep “IN PEACE”!!  


Being able to sleep “IN PEACE” is something that we need to TRUST in YOU ALONE, O LORD to accomplish for us!  Our lives are SO BUSY that we can’t seem to LET GO of everything and rest “IN PEACE”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment