Thursday, August 23, 2012

MY sheep hear MY voice!

I get ridiculed from time to time for relating seemingly everything to the brain hemorrhage I had in July 2007.   When something "life changing" occurs in your life, it is a BIG deal and HAS to be shared.  

Yesterday, my wife and I were reminiscing, and I remembered being in Rehab five years ago.  I remember trusting her for EVERYTHING  in my life. She would go home at night and I would wait until she got back to do anything.  It was as if she WAS my life!  I could hear her voice in the hall and a sense of relief would come over me because the one I trusted was there for me.  

The joy and peace that Jesus brings is just like that.  HE brings a calmness over me when I hear HIS voice that is INDESCRIBABLE!  

In John 10:1-6 Jesus speaks a parable that explains what I felt.  He says  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.  To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his VOICE, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his VOICE.  A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did NOT UNDERSTAND  what he was saying to them.

Even when the CREATOR of the universe was speaking to the Pharisees, the could not understand HIM.  They were not HIS sheep!  They heard HIM talking, but they didn't hear what HE was saying!! 

I still rely on my wife for a lot of things.  She is still my best friend!  But the voice that I listen for now is a different voice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment