Friday, December 30, 2016

"FOOL!"

Luke 12:16-21                         (ESV)
"16 And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully,
17 and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?'
18 And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry."'
20 But GOD said to him, '"FOOL!" This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?'
21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward GOD."




Imagine, if you will, a person winning a $250,000,000 lottery, only to die in their sleep that night before getting to spend one dime of the bounty?  There is a lot to be said about planning for the future, but "this world" seems to want us to limit our plans to how we can further our earthly rewards.  GOD, on the other hand, desires for us to be used of HIM to fulfill HIS Plan for our lives.

JESUS spoke in parables quite often as HE was trying to open eyes to SEE the TRUTHS that eluded most.  The rich man had land that produced "plentifully", but he was mainly concerned with storing up his wealth, not on what GOD would have him accomplish with his blessings.  The man made plans to build bigger barns so he could increase his "holdings"!  But in his plans he neglected to consider GOD's Plans and it would wind up costing him his life!

Don't receive a blessing from GOD thinking that you deserve it, for GOD may have to say to you "FOOL", this night your soul is required of you!  We are only here to glorify GOD, and when we start glorifying ourselves we run the risk of being called a "FOOL" by our Creator.  Maybe "this world" thinks one should operate on their principles, but GOD says thou "FOOL" if we follow their lead.

FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause me to continually seek YOUR will in everything I do.  YOU are the reason I exist and YOU deserve all praise and glory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment