Tuesday, January 2, 2024

“THE DOOR!”

 John 10:1-15                          (ESV)


I Am the Good Shepherd


[1] “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. [2] But he who enters by “THE DOOR” is the shepherd of the sheep. [3] To him THE GATEKEEPER opens. The sheep hear HIS VOICE, and HE calls HIS OWN sheep by name and LEADS THEM OUT. [4] When HE has brought out all HIS OWN, HE goes before them, and the sheep follow HIM, for they know HIS VOICE. [5] A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” [6] This figure of speech JESUS used with them, but THEY DID NOT UNDERSTAND what HE was saying to them.


[7] So JESUS again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I AM “THE DOOR” of the sheep. [8] All who came before ME are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. [9] I AM “THE DOOR”. If anyone enters by ME, HE WILL BE SAVED and will go in and out and find pasture. [10] The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I CAME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE and HAVE IT ABUNDANTLY. [11] I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD. The GOOD SHEPHERD lays down HIS LIFE for the sheep. [12] He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. [13] He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. [14] I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD. I know MY OWN and MY OWN know ME, [15] just as the FATHER knows ME and I know the FATHER; and I lay down MY LIFE the sheep.”





In John 10:9 JESUS says I AM “THE DOOR”!  If anyone enters by ME, he WILL BE SAVED!  JESUS doesn’t say that HE IS A DOOR, but HE IS “THE DOOR”!  


In John 16:33 JESUS says “I (JESUS) have said these things to you, that IN ME YOU MAY HAVE PEACE. In THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION. BUT TAKE HEART; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD.”  “IN ME (THE DOOR) YOU MAY HAVE PEACE”!!!  


In JESUS, we can have PEACE!  But we MUST enter in “THE DOOR” to have PEACE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment