Monday, July 23, 2012

"FAITH"

Romans 7:14-15 "For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin.  For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." At church, we are in a study of a book called The World-Tilting Gospel.  During a recent study we dealt with "sanctification".  While I will never reach the level of "perfect" sanctification until I reach Heaven, I continue to be a vessel used by HIM for HIS glory.   I wonder sometimes "Why I am not a better husband" or "Why I was not a better dad" or "Why I did not better reflect JESUS"?  The Apostle Paul was a FAR, FAR better Christian than I, yet he struggled just as we all do.   I can only strive to be EVERYTHING the LORD has planned for me to be in this life.  Philippians 3:14 says "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.". In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul was talking with The Lord.  Paul was asking why he was still dealing with "a thorn" in his flesh.  GOD told Paul in verse 9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."    GOD has a purpose for whatever HE leads us through.  Sometimes it is for people around us to see how we act/react as a Christian.  We don't have to know the purpose, we are called to "HAVE FAITH IN GOD"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment