Monday, July 9, 2012

FIVE YEARS!!!

In Luke 17:11-19 we read where JESUS healed 10 lepers.  Scripture reads (ESV)  "On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Samaria and Galilee.  And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us." When he saw them he said to them, "Go and show yourselves to the priests." And as they went they were cleansed.  Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan.  Then Jesus answered, "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"  And he said to him, "Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well." Five years ago TODAY, I was in the Emergency Room of a local hospital. The staff figured I was having a stroke because of my symptoms, but they had to run some tests to confirm their suspicions and to determine if it was a "clot" or a "bleed".    As it turned out, it was a bleed.   A "hemorrhagic stroke" is different than an "ischemic stroke" in that the brain actually develops a leak instead of a blockage.   The survival rate is not very good!   Only 20% of the people who have brain hemorrhage's survive!   And the ones who do survive live with some kind of "reminder" or deficit.   After 31 days in the hospital and 21 days in Rehab, I was able to go home.    My medical records from September 25, 2007 reads as follows "The fact that he has recovered is he has is nothing short of a Miracle from GOD."   I will NOT allow time to lessen the impact that GOD's miracle made in my life.  I have no idea how or why HE did what HE did in my brain five years ago, just as I have NO idea why HE saved my soul!  But I will forever be as the ONE who was healed in Luke 17.  I will shout unashamedly  "Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; praising God with a loud voice; and he FELL ON HIS FACE at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks". 

No comments:

Post a Comment