Monday, July 20, 2015

"A REVELATION!!"

Galatians 1:11-15                 (ESV)
"11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel.
12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through "A REVELATION" of JESUS CHRIST.
13 For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of GOD violently and tried to destroy it.
14 And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when HE who had set me apart before I was born, and WHO called me by HIS grace,"



There is a distinct and memorable happening when something is supernaturally revealed to us.  When the ONE revealing is the SON of GOD the "REVELATION" can be earth shattering!  The Apostle Paul had an unmistakable "REVELATION" of JESUS CHRIST!  On the road to Damascus (Acts 9) Paul was blinded by a "light from Heaven" for three days.   Ananias was sent by GOD, not only to open Paul's eyes, but let Paul know "how much he must suffer for the sake of MY (JESUS') name." 

Saul (Paul's given name) had been caught up in his "earthly" wisdom and "the tradition of my fathers"!  His "father's" (the Jew's) had rejected JESUS and thought they had put HIM to death on Calvary's cross.  But while Saul was physically blinded by a light from Heaven, his "father's" were spiritually blinded by refusing to accept that GOD was far more than anything they could perceive in their finite minds, yet GOD was/is able to limit HIMSELF to living inside a man's body!  

What Paul preached was not what he thought to be TRUTH.  He preached what he KNEW to be TRUTH......from experience.  Had HE not been blinded by the LORD, and had the LORD not spoken to him directly from Heaven, Paul may have been convinced by "the Jews" that he had eaten something that didn't set well with him!  But Paul experienced "A REVELATION" from Heaven.  It was more than "bad sushi"!  It was HEAVENLY and couldn't be explained away.  When GOD gives us "A REVELATION", HE doesn't need any help.  After Paul "confounded the Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that JESUS was the CHRIST" he "went away to Arabia" (Galatians 1:17) for three years.  

The Apostle Paul was called by GOD's grace, not because of all the good things he had accomplished in his life, but because GOD knew he would be obedient to proclaim TRUTH to the world for his remaining years.  GOD still makes HIMSELF known through "A REVELATION"! The Bible says in MANY places that GOD SEEKS MAN, one of them in Psalms 14:2 where scripture records "The LORD looks down from heaven ON THE CHILDREN OF MAN, to see if there are any who understand, WHO SEEK AFTER GOD"!!   I pray that GOD continues to see this man looking into Heaven seeking "A REVELATION" from HIM to be shared with those who are blind!

No comments:

Post a Comment