Thursday, July 23, 2015

"I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH!"

Isaiah 14:12-15                       (KJV)
"12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of GOD: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; "I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH".
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
"



The enemy, Satan himself, thought he would conquer "this world" and set his eternal domain "into heaven" and be worshipped by those he deceived for ever and ever.  He THOUGHT he would ascend to heaven and assume his kingdom which he imagined to be the biggest and best.  Can you fathom thinking "I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH", only to be "brought down to hell"? 

Keeping our focus on the things of Heaven would seem to be an easy task.  Hebrew 12:2 instructs us that we should be "looking to JESUS, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of GOD".  To understand that the CREATOR of these Universes actually desired to have a personal relationship with a "wretch" like me though sometimes seems a bit far fetched.  To keep our focus off the things of "this world" and on heavenly rewards is even more difficult when we consider who is trying to gain our attention?

The enemy, in all of his craftiness (Genesis 3:1), would like nothing better than to get us to buy into his lie that "I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH".  He wants to carry as many with him to hell as he can, and he is being pretty successful!  Yet we make his job easier when we desire to have our will placed above GOD's will in our lives.  Surrendering to the will of GOD in our lives entails giving up what we want in favor of letting GOD direct our paths.

There are those who believe that they can make wise enough decisions to get them through this life?  "I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH" is the mentality they live with, that is until their bodies become vulnerable to death, disease, or illness.  When we are exposed to the TRUTH and find out that HE is "THE MOST HIGH" then it could be too late.  My prayer is that I continue yielding to JESUS and live a life that acknowledges that HE IS THE MOST HIGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment