Monday, February 22, 2016

"BODY and SPIRIT!"

2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1                                  (ESV)
"16 What agreement has the temple of GOD with idols? For we are the temple of the living GOD; as GOD said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their GOD, and they shall be my people.
17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the LORD, and TOUCH NO UNCLEAN THING; then I will welcome you,
18 and I will be a FATHER to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the LORD ALMIGHTY."
1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of "BODY and SPIRIT", bringing holiness to completion in the fear of GOD."



 The Apostle Paul stands as one of the most devoted Believers in the Bible.  His experience with JESUS on the road to Damascus impacted, not only his life, but multitudes since.  He had a "revelation" from GOD and wasn't shy about sharing it.  Scripture (Galatians 1:7) indicates he went away to Arabia, some say for as long as three years, to be educated by the Holy Spirit so he could be used of GOD to "suffer for the sake of MY name" (Acts 9:16)!

Paul understood that our person's consist of our flesh (bodies), our souls, and finally our Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23)?  John 4:24 says "GOD is Spirit", therefore we are created in HIS image.  When we are "born-again" we go through a Spiritual transformation, much like a baby being physically birthed.  GOD gives us HIS Word and HIS HOLY SPIRIT to guide us and instruct us to become vessels that can glorify HIS name.   We don't mature Spiritually for personal edification or gain but to draw glory to HIM!

The passage above states that our bodies are the temple of GOD.  If we could grasp that the Creator of the universes (WHO is SPIRIT) lives inside of our bodies, would our choices in life be altered?  Paul says in 2 Corinthians 7:1 "let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of "BODY and SPIRIT", bringing holiness to completion in the fear of GOD."  What an honor and privilege to have ROYALTY of that magnitude living within me!  What have I ever done to be worthy of this?

My family was honored to be selected to visit a candidate for President of the United States a few years ago.  The photograph of being on his campaign airplane with him still hangs on my office wall.  His term has since expired and having a picture of my family with him has lost some luster.  But I have the SPIRIT of the Living GOD abiding within my body and I pray that honor and JOY never fades!  May I forever be proud that GOD lives in my "BODY and SPIRIT"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment