Thursday, February 18, 2016

"FEAR!"

2 Timothy 1:6-7                                 (ESV)
"6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of GOD, which is in you through the laying on of my hands,
7 for GOD gave us a spirit not of "FEAR" but of power and love and self-control."



Recently I was going to be in a situation where I felt the "opportunity for compromise" would be great, and I didn't want to fail the test that I may be subjected to.  "FEAR", even of failing the LORD, can be used to steal our joy and take our focus off of living a victorious Christian life.  "FEAR" IS OF THE DEVIL and sometimes we don't understand WHO is living inside of us (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)!

Psalms 27:1 says "The LORD is my light and my salvation; WHOM SHALL I "FEAR"? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  GOD lives inside of me and HE IS IN CONTROL!

I am reminded of Abraham when GOD instructed him to offer Isaac up as a sacrifice before HIM.  In Genesis 22:12 scripture records "HE said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you "FEAR" GOD, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from ME."  Now we realize and understand that GOD, being omniscient, knows the future, as well as knowing our past!  The thing that Abraham found out through this trial was that GOD definitely WAS in control and HE had everything worked out already!

The only time we should allow "FEAR" to enter our vocabulary is when we are considering the implications of failing to honor GOD with my/our decisions.  GOD gives "us a spirit not of "FEAR" but of power and love and self-control".  Sure, I may fail HIM and fall short of HIS glory, but to live in constant "FEAR" is to allow the enemy to camp where he is not welcome!

In John 14:30-31 JESUS lets us know that satan has no power over HIM, and remember, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says the Holy Spirit lives in me/us!  I will accept a spirit "of power and love and self-control" and NOT a spirit of "FEAR"!

No comments:

Post a Comment