Monday, December 7, 2020

“WE DO!”

 “WE DO!”


2 Corinthians 10:9-12                                    (ESV)

“9 I DO NOT WANT TO APPEAR to be FRIGHTENING you with MY LETTERS.

10 For they say, "His letters are weighty and strong, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech of no account."

11 LET SUCH A PERSON UNDERSTAND that WHAT WE SAY BY LETTER WHEN ABSENT, “WE DO” WHEN PRESENT.

12 Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.” 


Attempting to paint with a broad brush can sometimes be taken in a completely different way than the artist intended.  Likewise, the words used at times can be viewed through a prism that gives a totally different meaning than the intentions they were spoken.  Spending time with my grandchildren this weekend was great for me.  One of my sons was overheard saying something to the affect that his wife and he might have to adjust their parenting methods to achieve the desired results.  What others hear from us isn’t always what we were trying to convey to them, despite our best intentions.  


Our testimony, is NOT what we say, but what WE DO in our daily lives.  We can SAY we love JESUS continually, but how we reflect HIS LOVE when we are “put to the test” (James 1) REVEALS our TRUE testimony!  What “WE DO” speaks far louder and more succinctly than the most eloquent words can ever enunciate.  Our ACTIONS are far more convincing than our WORDS.  Occasionally, my ACTIONS have been exactly opposite of what I taught to my children, something that I will answer for one day.  My prayer is that as GOD has matured me that MY WORDS aren’t listened to as much as what “WE DO”!


At least for me, slowing my entire life down and SEEING and HEARING from THE FATHER is the most crucial REVELATION that I have experienced.  Proverbs 3:5 says “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and DO NOT LEAN IN YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING!”  Simply doing WHAT WE FELT was the best thing to do has gotten me into TROUBLES beyond my comprehension.  We ( mainly I) must be led by the SPIRIT OF THE LORD and focus on what “WE DO”, the testimony that I am leaving in serving HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment