Monday, February 1, 2021

“I WILL THWART!”

 1 Corinthians 1:18-21                    (ESV)

“18 For THE WORD OF THE CROSS is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of GOD.

19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, and the DISCERNMENT of the DISCERNING “I WILL THWART”." 

20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not GOD made FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THE WORLD?

21 For since, IN THE WISDOM OF GOD, THE WORLD DID NOT KNOW GOD THROUGH WISDOM, it pleased GOD through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.”





In my writings, I typically use capital letters on the word SEE to delineate what might be better known by some as DISCERNMENT.  When we 

DISCERN something, we have a better understanding of what we are being taught.  

Since the word DISCERNMENT isn’t common in modern day language. In times past, Moses developed DISCERNMENT over the years shepherding his father in laws sheep in the wilderness.  That DISCERNMENT was used by GOD when Moses was leading the Children of Israel in Exodus 14.  GOD is able to use what man sees as bad times for HIS GLORY (Genesis 50:20)!  


In Jeremiah 8:9 Scripture records “The wise men shall be put to shame; they shall be dismayed and taken; behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, so what wisdom is in them?”  Unless GOD grants us HIS WISDOM to SEE things that will Glorify HIM, what our eyes behold will put us to shame!  The ironic thing about this is that we haven’t the foresight to know what we will need for our future?  Unless we examine our plans through HIS WORD and HIS PRECEPTS we are apt to make decisions that will bring about pain, or even destruction!


GOD isn’t only capable, but HIS WORD says “I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, and the DISCERNMENT of the DISCERNING “I WILL THWART”."  That can indicate that GOD will send a storm to redirect our paths, or HE could send calamity to end our time on earth! GOD used a serious health concern to open my EYES to SEE that I was moving far too quickly. HE continues to reveal to me that I must SLOW DOWN and DISCERN what HE is wanting me to do, NOT what I desire to accomplish!!!


Although I may have an inclination of what GOD has planned for my life, only HE knows what is going to lead me to DISCERN what will GLORIFY HIS NAME.  The Children of Israel were instructed to turn back and encamp (Exodus 14:2) so that the Egyptians would catch them!  In doing so, GOD was able to “get GLORY over Pharaoh and all his hosts!  We might have to WAIT FOR THE LORD to set up the events surrounding our Red Sea moment, but we are NOT GOD, and we MUST understand that only HE has the ability to say “I WILL THWART” the plans of the enemy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment