Friday, November 5, 2021

“CAN A MAN BE PROFITABLE TO GOD?”

 Job 22:2-4                         (ESV)

    “[2] “CAN A MAN BE PROFITABLE TO GOD?”

        Surely he who is wise is profitable to himself. 

    [3] Is it any pleasure to THE ALMIGHTY if you are in the right,

        or is it gain to HIM if you make your ways blameless? 

    [4] Is it for your fear of HIM that HE reproves you

        and enters into judgment with you?”





Since my writings have been limited, I feel that I need to explain when a sinus infection has me  “controlled” I am at the mercy of the problem, usually unable to perform normal bodily functions!  So let’s just say that this week has been severely curtailed with a cold.  For me, the degree of illness can be defined by my willingness or unwillingness to PAUSE AND LISTEN to the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE about what I am to be looking toward in my life.  This morning my “attention span” was greatly challenged as WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR was being conflicted with WHAT GOD WANTS ME TO HEAR!  A pastor friend of mine in Southwest Arkansas posted this devotional (in part) apparently wrote this devotional while sitting on a deer stand, trying to relate what GOD was saying to him in a tree! 


He wrote:


“Deer stand devotion..”

 

Later he added these lines:


“I would never set myself up or position myself to hunt ground that I knew wasn’t productive.  So why would I do the any differently in my walk with Christ!” 



Far too many times GOD has had to remove any and all distractions from my life to get MY FOCUS back to where HE wanted, precisely on HIM!  When I get to “feeling bad” to where I rely on my abilities and wisdom, I usually get a brief but thorough reminder that I AM NOT GOD, and HE IS!!!  In 2007 HE placed me in a 17 day coma so that I could SEE that only my listening to HIM would I ever be able to HEAR directions from HIM!  


GOD did not automatically CURE me from trying to RUN my life.  HE has gradually removed a lot of “options” from my life.  No, HE isn’t finished with me yet, and at time you might catch me coming out of the woodshed!  But HE will bring me to a place where “CAN A MAN BE PROFITABLE TO GOD?”, and there HE gets GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment