Tuesday, January 24, 2023

“WHEN MY HEART IS FAINT!”

 Psalm 61:1-3                         (ESV)


Lead Me to the Rock


To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. Of David.


    “[1] Hear my cry, O GOD,

        LISTEN TO MY PRAYER; 

    [2] from the end of the earth I call to YOU

        “WHEN MY HEART IS FAINT”.

    Lead me to the ROCK

        that is higher than I, 

    [3] for YOU have been my refuge,

        a strong tower against the enemy.”





According to 1 Samuel 13:14, King David was a man after GOD’s OWN HEART.  In my humanity I have the tendency to place King David in a realm FAR ABOVE myself, almost like royalty!  Of course, he was a King……..and I am not!  


From time to time I get in a “pit”, whether physically or Spiritually.  Today my physical health isn’t the best and I don’t “feel” that well.  But GOD sent HIS SON at PRECISELY the correct time (Galatians 4:4-5) specifically to REDEEM we who had NO HOPE of being with HIM in Heaven!  JESUS the CHRIST was sent to provide SALVATION for me because I needed a PERFECT SACRIFICE!!!


When I am “feeling down”, in need of a SAVIOR, “WHEN MY HEART IS FAINT”, I have to call upon the LORD for deliverance!  HE is our only HOPE!  HE IS THE ANSWER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment