Thursday, August 31, 2023

“I CAME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE!”

 John 10:7-10                        (ESV)


“[7] So JESUS again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. [8] All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. [9] I am the door. If anyone enters by ME, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. [10] The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. “I CAME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE” and have it abundantly.”




Thomas Jefferson was the third President of the United States.  But he also was the second Vice-President and the first Secretary of State of the United States of America.  On the Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C. a quote is written “GOD WHO GAVE US LIFE” gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of GOD? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that GOD is just, that HIS justice cannot sleep forever. Commerce between master and slave is despotism. Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free. Establish a law for educating the common people. This it is the business of the state and on a general plan."


Thomas Jefferson was mortal. Even though he was a patriot and revered as a founder of the United States, he was flawed!  But he apparently KNEW the “GOD WHO GAVE US LIFE”!  He understood that it is GOD WHO GAVE US LIFE!  


JESUS, the CREATOR and the CHRIST, told “the Jews”, “I AM COME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE”.  JESUS also said in John 6:44a “No one can come to me unless the FATHER WHO sent ME draws him.”  Ephesians 1:3-4 says “Blessed be the GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, WHO has blessed us in CHRIST with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as HE CHOSE IS IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, that we should be holy and blameless before HIM.”  


We were CHOSEN IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.  “I CAME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE” says that JESUS CHOSE us before HE CREATED this world and “this world” has no authority over us!  We are HIS, and we are only passing through this foreign territory!  When “the enemy” tells us about his future, remind him that “I CAME THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE” has CHOSEN us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment