Friday, March 15, 2024

“BUT GOD’s!”

 2 Chronicles 20:14-17                    (ESV)


“[14] And the SPIRIT OF THE LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. [15] And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the LORD to you, ‘DO NOT BE AFRAID and DO NOT BE DISMAYED at this great horde, for the battle is not yours “BUT GOD’s”. [16] Tomorrow go down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz. You will find them at the end of the valley, east of the wilderness of Jeruel. [17] YOU WILL NOT NEED TO FIGHT THIS BATTLE. Stand firm, hold your position, and SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD ON YOUR BEHALF, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and THE LORD WILL BE WITH YOU.”





How often do I perceive trouble on my horizon and begin to have “fear and doubt” in my mind?  Fear and dismay are tools that the enemy uses to get my eyes on him and NOT on the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS!  


Maybe that is why I was placed into a coma before the battle of 2007 when my brain hemorrhaged?  ALMIGHTY GOD knew that the storm was about to get serious and I didn’t have the Spiritual maturity to let HIM fight the battle for me??  My medical records say it best, “However, he has had a remarkable recovery that could only be defined as a miracle from GOD”!  


One would think that this “lesson” would have grown my FAITH to where I would be UNSTOPPABLE??  But “the enemy” is “more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD GOD had made” (Genesis 3:1) and his desire is to defeat GOD!  My desire is for GOD TO BE VICTORIOUS!  But apparently I DON’T want to be in the midst of a battle?!?  


ALMIGHTY GOD is UNDEFEATED, for all eternity!  Even on the crucifixion day GOD was fulfilling HIS PLAN!  My sins, my LACK OF FAITH, and my failure to be a TESTIMONY of HIS DELIVERANCE from the “valley of the shadow of death” were what JESUS died for!  Without question, I AM WEAK!  “BUT GOD’s” GRACE IS THERE FOR ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment