Nineteen years ago (July 29, 2007) the world was celebrating for the 77th time the birth of my mom! She would never experience another birthday, as on February 27, 2008 cancer would claim her earthly life.
But, it was another day of celebration for me as I was being brought out of a 17 day coma following a “massive brain hemorrhage” on July 09, 2007. On Friday, July 27, 2007, I was scheduled to have a tracheotomy, but the ENT doctor was “too busy” and when he came to my ICU room they told him that plans were being made to bring me out of the coma in a couple of days?!? The ENT said that the tracheotomy procedure “could wait” a couple of days!!! That was nineteen years ago Monday evening!!! There has been STILL NO TRACHEOTOMY for me!!!!
They DID bring me out to the coma on my mom’s birthday, and I was never returned to that condition!! My mom stated “that’s the best birthday present I ever received”!!! It took a couple of weeks to get me released to the rehabilitation hospital, and then a week or so to get my bearings back, but on August 29, 2007 I walked out of rehab (with the assistance of a walker), something that I only used a couple of months (or so) after I was “let go”!!! The insurance agency that I had sold in 2006 was available to repurchase in 2009, so I bought it back and ran it until my retirement in 2024.
The medical records from my initial office appointment with my physician following my release from the rehabilitation hospital was on September 25, 2007. His notes say “However, he has had a remarkable recovery that could only be defined as a miracle from GOD”! I asked my “same” doctor about these comments in a recent visit and he replied, “ABSOLUTELY!”
A Bible verse came to my recollection shortly afterwards, “I AM THE LORD; THAT IS MY NAME; MY GLORY I GIVE TO NO OTHER, NOR MY PRAISE TO CARVED IDOLS.”!!! ALL of my doctors and nurses and rehabilitation staff deserve recognition for their work and dedication in my recovery! But GOD GETS ALL OF THE GLORY for EVERY BREATH that I will EVER take……until HE CALLS me to Heaven!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment