Friday, July 24, 2026

“SET YOUR MINDS!”

 


Colossians 3:1-2                 (ESV)


“[1] If then you have been raised with CHRIST, seek the things that are ABOVE, where CHRIST is, seated at the right hand of GOD. [2] “SET YOUR MINDS” on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.”




A dear friend of mine passed away earlier this week.  He was older than I, and was used in my life to get me through my rough developing teen years.  I was a “handful” back then, and I a challenge to most who GOD used to mature me.  He used to take me fishing, teaching me to SET THE HOOK at a.body of water near where he lived!  


When I saw “SET YOUR MINDS” recently, my mind was taken back to my friend’s words of SETTING THE HOOK, which assured that your “catch” would not get away.  The Apostle Paul was instructing us to FIX OUR THOUGHTS on THINGS ABOVE, trying to get us to focus on us not letting our Spiritual endeavors get away from us.  Far too often we tend to be so busy that we don’t “SET YOUR MINDS” on the PERMANENCY of HEAVEN, even when WE KNOW that is what we should be looking towards!!!


This humble servant doesn’t do a very good job of making sure that I “SET YOUR MINDS” on things that are ABOVE!  Making certain that I “don’t let the big one” get away should be FOREMOST in our lives?!?!  


Missing a big fish is not an enjoyable experience!   But missing out on GODS BLESSINGS is FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!!  “SET YOUR MINDS” on things that are ABOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment