John 14:1-6 (HCSB)
““Your heart must not be troubled. BELIEVE IN GOD; BELIEVE ALSO IN ME. In MY FATHER’S house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to MYSELF, so that where I am you may be also. You know the way to where I am going.” “LORD,” Thomas said, “WE DON’T KNOW where YOU’re going. “HOW CAN WE KNOW THE WAY?“” JESUS told him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.”
In the Scripture above, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES (JESUS) had just COMMUNED with HIS Disciples in the Upper Room. It was a somber and private moment that would carry DEEP THEOLOGICAL and PROFOUND MINISTERIAL TRUTHS!
Working out the details regarding the payment of sins FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME would require planning unlike any known to humanity. “BELIEVE IN GOD; BELIEVE ALSO IN ME” is a statement that JESUS made above that EXPLAINS everything, IF ONLY YOU BELIEVE!! But you CANNOT BELIEVE unless you have been CHOSEN “before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4)! With GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE (Matthew 19:23).
Because the question asked by Thomas to JESUS in the Scripture above is “HOW CAN WE KNOW THE WAY” is SO consequential, the answer needs to be PRECISE, because mankind would surely get the answer wrong!!! Mankind has NO POSSIBILITY of going to GOD without the Sacrifice of JESUS being made on the Cross of Calvary!! HE IS THE ONLY WAY!!!
Mankind has NO valid answer to Thomas’s question! We have NO OTHER way except for FAITH in JESUS!! So JESUS explicitly said to Thomas “NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME” and whether it is BELIEVED or not depends on whether or not we are CHOSEN by HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD (Ephesians 1:4). JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY ….. PERIOD!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment