Friday, September 29, 2017

"CHRIST DID NOT PLEASE HIMSELF!"

Romans 15:1-7                                             (ESV)
"1 We who are strong have an OBLIGATION to bear with the failings of the weak, and NOT TO PLEASE OURSELVES.
2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
3 For "CHRIST DID NOT PLEASE HIMSELF", but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached YOU fell on ME."
4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5 May the GOD of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with CHRIST JESUS,
6 that together you may with one voice glorify the GOD and FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.
7 Therefore welcome one another as CHRIST has welcomed you, for the glory of GOD."



Many times I begin my Bible Study with no clear direction of what will be written that day, and MOST of the time the end result humbles me, as my desire is to Glorify GOD ALMIGHTY and NOT myself!  Today I started out with a totally different idea than where I eventually found my writings ending.  But then I realized that my ideas aren't what is important, even "CHRIST DID NOT PLEASE HIMSELF" during HIS earthly ministry!!

GOD sent HIS SON, JESUS, into "this world" NOT to establish a political or governmental oligarchy.  GOD already has the entire world to worship and adore HIM, whether we do or not!  HE sent JESUS (John 3:17) as a payment for our sins, simply because HE loves us (John 3:16)!  In verse three above, it is written "The reproaches of those who reproached YOU fell on ME."!  GOD has a Plan and HIS provisions CANNOT be improved upon!

Recently my wife's car needed to be replaced, and WE THOUGHT rather quickly!  We have friends and relatives in the used car business in our town who I THOUGHT could find us something to fit what we THOUGHT was needed.  But GOD guided and directed my thoughts and mind to a small auto dealership two and a half hours from home and we now own the vehicle GOD can be Glorified with.  Not because we are worthy, for we are the LEAST, but because we are willing to WAIT ON THE LORD!

My prayer yesterday morning was NOT to find a good deal, or a payment plan that was in our range, but rather the GOD would be Glorified with our purchase, and ultimately our lives.  In Matthew 26:39, JESUS prayed "MY FATHER, if it be possible, let this cup pass from ME; nevertheless, not as I will, but as YOU will.""  


"CHRIST DID NOT PLEASE HIMSELF" and ultimately paid the redemption for the ENTIRE WORLD.......for GOD's Glory!  My prayer is that HE will be Glorified by my life as I serve HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment