Monday, September 18, 2017

"IN MY NAME???"

John 14:12-14                              (ESV)
"12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in ME will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the FATHER.
13 Whatever you ask "IN MY NAME", this I will do, that the FATHER may be glorified in the SON.
14 If you ask me anything "IN MY NAME", I will do it."




The fall of 1996 was one of the most difficult times of my life.   My younger sister was playing co-ed softball in August.   In September she had exploratory surgery because she was having issues with her stomach.  The day after Christmas she entered her eternal reward, a ravaged victim of gastric carcinoma, more commonly known as Stomach Cancer.  Many people were praying for her, by few as fervently as her big brother.  

Why then, since I am a Believer, did ALMIGHTY GOD not heal her and restore her health?  Scripture says that if there is ANY sick among you (James 5:13-15) to bring them before the elders of the church "and the LORD shall raise him up;!"  But when JESUS was teaching HIS disciples to pray (Luke 11:1-14) I seem to remember HIM say "THY Kingdom come, THY will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven."  Isaiah 55:8 doesn't say LORD, perform that which I request of you!  It says "For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the LORD."  

And what about when JESUS was being brutally scourged and crucified?  Certainly a just and Holy GOD would have prevented HIS only SON from experiencing HIS wrath when JESUS had never sinned?  

No, GOD's ways are not our ways because there is unimaginable grace and mercy available for me because of GOD's Perfect Plan!  If I would have been drawing up the NEW COVENANT, it certainly would have not been as forgiving!  But GOD drew up the Plan, and not just for me!  We don't get to present our "wish lists" to the same GOD WHO sacrificed HIS SON at Calvary for mankind and expect HIM to fulfill our desires just because we say "IN JESUS (MY) NAME"!  "IN MY NAME" must carry with it according to YOUR WILL and PURPOSE.   


No comments:

Post a Comment