Friday, September 15, 2017

"THERE IS A SEASON!"

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8                 (ESV)
"1 For everything "THERE IS A SEASON", and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."



The path I have traveled over the past 122 months has caused me to ponder DEEPLY the answer to this question.  Although my medical history is well documented in my writings, I still get misty-eyed when I consider where I could have been.  "Why does GOD allow some to die and others to live?" is a question that I especially want to know the answer.   

To truly understand that we are just passing through "this world" is something we can say, but in reality, very few of us really have a firm grasp.  The article has a paragraph that begins with ""We're sojourners then. That's what we are. "Temporary residents and foreigners", so St. Peter calls us.""  None of us are promised to physically live an extremely long and successful life.  As a matter of fact, the vast majority of the disciples were martyred for the Gospel.  

Obviously ALMIGHTY GOD has a Plan for my life, and I desire to follow that Plan to perform exactly what HE needs for me to accomplish to Glorify HIM.  It's not about what I want to do with "the rest of my life", but how I can be used to Glorify THE FATHER with my very existence.  

The article below is about a 34 year old man named Nabeel who was near the end of his physical journey.  Oddly enough, I had a sister who passed away at age 34 years and 3 days old from Stomach Cancer.  A dear friend of mine of 34 years was ran over and killed after taking me to lunch while I was still going to outpatient Rehab from the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007.   "Survivors Guilt" was very real for me then, but after I finally accepted the fact that I was left here for a Purpose, it became clear to me that "this world" is not my home, I'm just passing through!  

Other than knowing that GOD ALMIGHTY has chosen me to perform HIS miracles on, I'm not special in any way.  For everything "THERE IS A SEASON", and I will do my best to honor and Glorify HIM in whatever it is HE has for me to do, for as long as HE chooses to leave me here!  AMEN, and AMEN!!!




http://thefuelproject.org/blog/2017/9/11/why-does-god-allow-some-to-die-and-others-to-live#

No comments:

Post a Comment