Friday, March 23, 2018

“BE GONE!”

Matthew 4:8-11                            (ESV)
“8 Again, the devil took HIM to a very high mountain and showed HIM all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he (the devil) said to HIM, "All these I will give YOU, if you will fall down and worship me."
10 Then JESUS said to him, “"BE GONE”, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the LORD your GOD and HIM only shall you SERVE.'" 
11 Then the devil left HIM, and behold, angels came and were ministering to HIM.”



When we SERVE THE LORD, satan has to flee!  My problem is I listen to “the enemy” far too often and allow his deceit blind my vision.  JESUS would not allow “the enemy” any traction when he was trying to deceive HIM.  GOD IN FLESH is HOLY and even though GOD IS LOVE, HE hates sin!  Satan IS lies and deception (John 8:44) and he is unable to speak TRUTH!

Although I am a blood bought Believer who has a desire to live for HIM, I seemingly am constantly crying out for forgiveness because of my weaknesses!  But just as the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:13-25, I am have to claim the blood and righteousness of CHRIST, because my righteousness is but “filthy rags” to a HOLY GOD!  


All I can do is rely on what JESUS CHRIST has done for me!  Without HIS sacrifice, I have no weapon against “the enemy”!  But through CHRIST, I am able to say “BE GONE” devil, and he has to flee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment