Monday, April 9, 2018

“ALL SCRIPTURE!”

2 Timothy 3:14-17                        (ESV)
“14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it
15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in CHRIST JESUS.
16 “ALL SCRIPTURE” is breathed out by GOD and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
17 that the man of GOD may be complete, equipped for every good work.”



Not being the smartest man in the world I sometimes have to be taken to the woodshed AGAIN to refresh myself of a lesson that I should have learned many times over during my youth.  GOD is so long suffering and patient with me, it amazes me how HE can still love someone so dense!  Why do I continually search for answers anywhere besides HIS WORD.  Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, even devotionals written by man are no comparison to the HOLY SPIRIT leading me to GOD’s WORD to solve a problem I am facing?!?

“ALL SCRIPTURE” is breathed out by our Creator!  The ONE who formed us gave us a guide to lead us on our journey through “this world”, yet we want to try ANYTHING but HIS WORD when looking for an answer?  We can’t read “a verse a day” and expect to avoid trouble either!  As a matter of fact, in 2 Corinthians 12 GOD tells Apostle Paul “MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect in weakness."  We display HIM most when we allow HIM to deliver us from our weaknesses.   Everyone needs a Savior, but none more than me!  We can wear the finest clothes on Sunday’s to look as though we are clean and well groomed, but Scripture says in 1 Samuel 16:7 “GOD sees the heart”!  


It would behoove me learn that “ALL SCRIPTURE” is where I should begin looking when walking through this world!  When we are driving to a place and we don’t know how to get where we are going, we typically need a roadmap.  Our roadmap, given to us by our CREATOR, is in “ALL SCRIPTURE”!  It has everything I need to make me “complete, equipped for every good work.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment