Friday, September 7, 2018

“BE JOYFUL!”

Ecclesiastes 3:9-13                             (ESV)
“9 What gain has the worker from his toil?
10 I have seen the business that GOD has given to the children of man to BE BUSY WITH.
11 HE has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, HE has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what GOD has done from the beginning to the end.
12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to “BE JOYFUL” and to DO GOOD as long as they live;
13 also that everyone should eat and drink and TAKE PLEASURE in all his toil-this is GOD's gift to man.”



It can be really frustrating to continually WAIT ON THE LORD.  Having our own idea of when GOD should act on our behalf is one of the greatest things that I have to rebuke.  J.D. Greear writes in the book JESUS CONTINUED that “GOD, however, never invited me to be co-God with HIM”!  

Then is there a place for worrying about what the future holds?  ALMIGHTY GOD is in Control and that should be enough for me.  In “GOD all things work together for good, for those who are called according to HIS purpose” (Romans 8:28)!  What part of ALL THINGS do I not understand?  HE was proven to me time and time again, and yet I want to DOUBT HIM?  


Maybe I should just “BE JOYFUL”, like HIS Word instructs, and TRUST HIM with the outcome?  No, I have not been invited to be co-GOD with HIM, and HE certainly doesn’t need my advice on how to be OMNIPOTENT, OMNIPRESENT, OMNISCIENT, or any other ‘OMNI’ that can imagined.  We must live like the ONE WHO CREATED everything simply by speaking HIS WORD is in Control.  Why shouldn’t we “BE JOYFUL”? 

No comments:

Post a Comment