Thursday, September 13, 2018

“THE SPIRIT!”

Galatians 5:16-21                             (ESV)
“16 But I say, walk by “THE SPIRIT”, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17 For the desires of the flesh are against “THE SPIRIT”, and the desires of “THE SPIRIT” are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
18 But if you are led by “THE SPIRIT”, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of GOD.”




Taking time to DIGEST our food properly is very important.  Expounding too much on this might become graphic, even uncomfortable, so I will refrain.  However, suffice it to say that when we eat something that “doesn’t agree with us”, it can bring about results that are undesirable.  It usually doesn’t take many times like these to cause me to abstain from eating things that cause me problems.  

Ingesting the WORD OF GOD can cause us to become just as uncomfortable.   Scripture states that “....the desires of the flesh are against “THE SPIRIT”...”, so why do we ingest the desires of the flesh?  Feasting on the WORD OF GOD can cause us to be led by “THE SPIRIT”, which WILL in turn cause us to be “against the flesh”.  Being a Believer promises that we WILL experience tribulations, but JESUS (THE GREAT OVERCOMER) has won the victory over satan and sin and is awaiting THE FATHER to declare ‘SON, go bring MY children home’!  

Why then do we have to experience “trials and tribulations” in this world during the interim?  Why can’t we be “protected” from the enemy and his antics?  GOD may be using the testimony of our struggles to DRAW others to a saving knowledge of HIM?  King David and the Apostle Paul immediately come to mind.  The Apostle Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But HE said to me, “MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect IN WEAKNESS." Therefore I will BOAST all the more GLADLY OF MY WEAKNESSES, so that the power of CHRIST may rest upon me”.  We (mainly I) SHOULD be more concerned about furthering HIS KINGDOM and not about some temporary discomfort we might be suffering in order that HE will be Glorified!


“THE SPIRIT” that is living inside of me (and you, if you know HIM) is working to draw others to HIM.  FATHER, DON’T let my attention get taken away from SEEING this!  Keep my EYES on the Prize and my efforts be on doing YOUR will.  May “THE SPIRIT” have freedom to do with me whatever YOU desire to Glorify YOUR NAME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment