Sunday, May 24, 2020

“I AM THE LORD!”

Isaiah 42:5-8                                                (ESV)
“5 Thus says GOD, the LORD, WHO created the heavens and stretched them out, WHO spread out the earth and what comes from it, WHO gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: 
6 "”I AM THE LORD”; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, 
7 to OPEN THE EYES THAT ARE BLIND, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. 
8 “I AM THE LORD”; that is MY NAME; MY glory I give to no other, nor MY praise to carved idols.”



Recently I was thinking about what things must have been like when the settlers come to the “new world” from all over the world in the 16th and 17th centuries, my mind sees a peaceful, tranquil, almost solitude scenario.  Worshipping GOD was paramount as distractions were limited, a more conducive atmosphere for people KNOWING there was a CREATOR, and actually SERVING HIM!

Nowadays we HAVE a bullish stock market mentality, give me all you can and then I will dump you and see what someone else can do for me.  We seem to always be doing whatever is necessary to move up the social ladder, to make more money, and even to build bigger churches that will contain more parishioners and give more money!  We have become so BUSY with accumulating more wealth (even in the church) that we have neglected GOD, our CREATOR!  

It has been said by many of the founding fathers, and statesmen since,  that the United States of America is the last, best hope for FREEDOM!  But we who serve the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have allowed this “experiment” to be hijacked by those who serve anything except GOD, mainly “the enemy”!  Acknowledging that “I AM THE LORD” is now more taboo for “radicals” than used for our nations mantra.  Those who proclaim that “I AM THE LORD” are thought of as people who are out of touch, lacking in knowledge!

OPENING THE EYES THAT ARE BLIND is a task that can only be done by “I AM THE LORD”!  Those who claim to be WISE are BLIND to TRUTH and are unable to SEE the LIGHT!  It is extremely humbling to be CHOSEN by “I AM THE LORD”, and it is a task that cannot be hidden or ignored.  “I AM THE LORD” commands we who have been CHOSEN to go and tell the world about HIS mercy and grace!  The FATHER “MUST” draw them, but we “MUST” go and tell about “I AM THE LORD”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment