Wednesday, September 23, 2020

“BE STILL!”

 Psalms 46:10                        (ESV)

“”BE STILL”, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!  I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS.  I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE EARTH!”





People in general are living their lives at such a frenzied pace that there is no way they can SEE where they are headed.  One of the most amazing blessings that I have experienced in my life was surviving the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007.   My life until then was “crammed” so full of what I was convinced were “important things” that I hardly had time to “stop and smell the roses”.  During the 24 month recovery time following the Hemorrhagic Stroke, I was left with nothing to do a great deal of the time, so ALMIGHTY GOD wasn’t competing with “this world” for my attention.  Looking back, that was one of the most PEACEFUL times of my life! 


As I began the process of getting back to making a living following the illness, we bought the insurance agency back that we had sold in 2006.  It took me almost five years to discover that I was NOT the same person who was involved in EVERYTHING in years past, instead I was dramatically changed.  The desire and drive to do things the way I had done before was not within me.  While attending a meeting on December 12, 2012 (named appropriately 12/12/12) I could SEE that ALMIGHTY GOD had a PLAN and a PURPOSE for everything, even my Brain Hemorrhage!  


As I REMEMBER back to the days prior to the illness, I am NOW painfully aware that I was spinning so fast and furious that I was unable to HEAR from ALMIGHTY GOD (1 Kings 19:11-12).  Being deceived, my thoughts were that I was doing things for others?  But I was NOT seeking THE LORDS PLAN, just doing what was in my BRAIN (mind) at the time.  Now that feeble BRAIN was damaged and my dependency on JESUS CHRIST became more obvious.  Soon I found that admitting that I was damaged goods was not such a bad thing, for in my weaknesses, HE IS MADE STRONG (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)!  


Our adversary, the devil, does everything he can to keep us moving at a speed that will keep our hearts and minds occupied on ANYTHING except JESUS.  ALMIGHTY GOD, in HIS PROVIDENCE, has orchestrated happenings in my life to SLOW DOWN the activities of my surroundings and SEE what HE is telling me to do.  Just recently I came across a video of former employees of several social media platforms that say those social media platforms are trying to manipulate our thoughts, especially when it comes to social and SPIRITUAL matters!   “A whole generation is more anxious, more depressed...” really hammered home what “the enemy” is up to, controlling our minds with something that we voluntarily place into them, akin to spiritual suicide!?!


It isn’t enough just to “BE STILL”, we MUST EXALT GOD in everything we do!  This has not always been my main objective, as I was playing ball, coaching ball, selling insurance, being a school board member, or anything else that I could find to immerse myself in other than exalting my CREATOR!  It wasn’t that I was working against THE LORD, but I was operating on my own strength and wisdom.  Why didn’t GOD just cause my plans to be successful?  Why did HE cause me to have to” BE STILL”?  Seeing that HIS PLAN far exceeds anything that I could dream or imagine is one of the biggest Blessings that has entered my mind.  


On June 06, 2014 Psalms 46:10 Ministries, Inc. was approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization.  Psalms 46:10 states “”BE STILL”, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!  I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS.  I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE EARTH!”  It isn’t enough for us to just “BE STILL”, we MUST acknowledge and worship the fact that HE IS GOD!  HE doesn’t require us to make thousands, even millions of dollars.  HE isn’t impressed by how many people “like” our writings, or “retweet’s” are made of our posts, GOD made us to GLORIFY HIM, especially when we “BE STILL”, AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!  And “the enemy” is all about us speeding up!?!?!  Can you SEE the difference???

No comments:

Post a Comment