Wednesday, September 16, 2020

“DEPART FROM ME!”

Matthew 7:21-23                                              (ESV)

“21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; “DEPART FROM ME”, you workers of lawlessness.'”





As I have just finished listening to Rev. John MacArthur preach for over one hour regarding the Holiness of GOD, and the unholiness of man, my heart is so thankful that JESUS imputed HIS Righteousness on me, and my sins were born by HIM!  But I am also saddened that “this world” cannot SEE their choices are fatal, and they proceed with wreckless abandon toward a certain meeting with our CREATOR!  


While I realize that Matthew 7:14 states that “For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to LIFE, and THOSE WHO FIND IT ARE FEW”, the end result DEMANDS that they will experience an eternal Hell, where the worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched!  2 Corinthians 4:4 says “In their (the people who cannot SEE) case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from SEEING the LIGHT of the gospel of the glory of CHRIST, WHO is the image of GOD”! 


Understanding that probably none of them will ever see anything that I write, there is little chance that I can have a great impact on the lawlessness and debauchery that seems to be growing like a wildfire all around us.  But Luke 1:37 says “For nothing will be impossible with GOD”, so my heartfelt prayer is that HE will move in a way that only HE can and draw many to HIMSELF.  


In my humble opinion, it cannot be long before the last chance for redemption comes!  It saddens me that many of my friends and family may miss the cutoff time!  There will be MANY (Matthew 7:21-23) will think that they are going to Heaven, but they are going to be sent away, hearing “DEPART FROM ME” from the ONE WHO purchased my salvation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment