Thursday, September 17, 2020

“THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S!”

 2 Chronicles 20:15-17                                                 (ESV)

“15 And HE said, "Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for “THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S”.

16 TOMORROW GO down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz. You will find them at the end of the valley, east of the wilderness of Jeruel.

17 You will not need to fight in this battle. STAND FIRM, HOLD YOUR POSITION, and SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD ON YOUR BEHALF, O Judah and Jerusalem.' Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. TOMORROW GO OUT AGAINST THEM, and the LORD will be with you."”



This devotional was shared June 28, 2019.  While searching last evening I found these Scriptures highlighted, which usually means that I have written about the highlighted verses.  After making some light grammatical changes, I offer this once again, for “THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S”! 


One of my favorite verses of Scripture is found in Exodus 14:14.  It says “The LORD will fight for you, and YOU HAVE ONLY TO BE SILENT."  There are SO MANY times that I want to “do something” FOR THE LORD instead of allowing HIM to exact HIS WILL in a situation.  It may be a trait that some of us are born with, helping those in need or correcting a wrong done by others, but Scripture says “THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S”!


Why then do we TRY to do or figure out everything on our own?  We TRY to earn more money.  We TRY to eat a healthy diet (except for Blue Bell ice cream!), we TRY to exhibit CHRIST in our lives, and yet we cannot even do that!  All we can do is turn our weaknesses over to HIM and claim 2 Corinthians 12:9, “But HE (JESUS) said to me (Paul), "MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU, for MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the POWER OF CHRIST may rest upon me”!


When we are faced with ANY kind of problem, great or small, why don’t we (mainly I) remember that “THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S”?  It isn’t rocket science.  However, it is understanding that HE IS GOD, and I am not!  Psalms 46:10 says “"Be still, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"  Knowing that HE IS GOD (and we are not) and “THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS BUT GOD’S” should take all stress and worry from our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment