Wednesday, June 16, 2021

“BUY THEY WILL NOT DO IT!”

Ezekiel 33:30-33

“[30] “As for you, son of man, your people who talk together about you by the walls and at the doors of the houses, say to one another, each to his brother, ‘Come, and hear what the word is that comes from the LORD.’ [31] And they come to you as people come, and they sit before you as my people, and THEY HEAR what you say “BUT THEY WILL NOT DO IT”; for with lustful talk in their mouths they act; THEIR HEART IS SET ON THEIR GAIN. [32] And behold, you are to them like one who sings lustful songs with a beautiful voice and plays well on an instrument, for they hear what you say, “BUT THEY WILL NOT DO IT”. [33] When this comes—and come it will!—then they will know that a prophet has been among them.””

There have been times in my life that I have been far too “busy” with the cares of “this world” to hear instructions from my CREATOR, leaning on my own knowledge (Proverbs 3:5-6) and feelings for guidance. Then again, there are times when I HEAR the WORD OF GOD instructing me “BUT THEY WILL NOT DO IT” because of fear of ridicule or my own selfish desires draw me into the lie (from the enemy) that I know what is best for me?

Doing what is best for us is NOT what we need to be doing. Doing what GOD’S WORD instructs us to do is! In Exodus 14 the Children of Israel were exiting Egypt after 430 years of captivity. Moses led them to Ethan, but in Exodus 14:2 GOD “instructed” Moses to “Tell the people of Israel to TURN BACK and ENCAMP in front of Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, in front of Baal-zephon; you shall ENCAMP facing it, by the sea.”  

Encamp means “To set up camp or live in a camp”. GOD didn’t tell Moses to prepare the nation of Israel for the Egyptian Army. As a matter of fact, GOD tells them in Exodus 14:14 HE says “The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Sometimes I am left with no other choice but to only be silent. GOD leads me to a pace where there is NO ESCAPING, only to WAIT ON THE LORD!  

Why do I have such a hard time accepting that GOD IS GLORIFIED by me BEING STILL (Psalms 46:10) at times? Does HE want me to TURN BACK and ENCAMP? Does HE want me spend more time with HIM and in HIS WORD? FATHER IN HEAVEN, I pray that I WILL NOT be one who hears instructions “BUT THEY WILL NOT DO IT”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment