Tuesday, June 1, 2021

“I HAVE SPOKEN!”

 Isaiah 46:8-11                 (ESV)

    [8] “Remember this and stand firm,

        recall it to mind, you transgressors, 

    [9] remember the former things of old;

    for I am GOD, AND THERE IS NO OTHER;

        I am GOD, and THERE IS NONE LIKE ME, 

    [10] declaring the end from the beginning

        and from ancient times things not yet done,

    saying, ‘MY COUNSEL SHALL STAND,

        and I WILL ACCOMPLISH ALL MY PURPOSE,’ 

    [11] calling a bird of prey from the east,

        the man of my counsel from a far country.

    “I HAVE SPOKEN”, and I WILL BRING IT TO PASS;

        I HAVE PURPOSED, and I WILL DO IT.”




How soon we forget when ALMIGHTY GOD has spoken to us.  Acknowledging that THE CREATOR has calmed our soul with HIS PEACE can be lessened in time the further we get from our Bethel (Genesis 35:1-25) experience. This is where GOD instructed Jacob to return to Bethel and told him that he would now be called Israel, for HE was a CHANGED person!  


We can become so acclimated to our surroundings that we forget that WE ARE CHOSEN, that we ARE NOT our own, but we are BOUGHT WITH A PRICE (1 Corinthians 6:20) to Glorify HIS NAME!  Just because we are on the banks of the Red Sea doesn’t mean that we are about to be swamped by the waters!  GOD might be preparing our enemy to be judged???


When “I HAVE SPOKEN” has given us a glimpse of HIS PLAN, fear and doubt should never enter our minds!  But we are frail, imperfect beings that need to sometimes be reminded that “I HAVE SPOKEN” is THE CREATOR HIMSELF WHO WILL ACCOMPLISH ALL HIS PURPOSE, even through us imperfect people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment