Monday, October 11, 2021

“OPEN THE EYES!”

 Isaiah 42:5-8                   (ESV)

    “[5] Thus says GOD, the LORD,

        WHO created the heavens and stretched them out,

        WHO spread out the earth and what comes from it,

    WHO GIVES BREATH to the people on it

        and SPIRIT to those who walk in it: 

    [6] “I AM THE LORD; I have called you in righteousness;

        I WILL TAKE YOU BY THE HAND AND KEEP YOU;

    I will give you as a covenant for the people,

        a light for the nations, 

    [7]   to “OPEN THE EYES” that are blind,

    to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon,

        from the prison those who sit in darkness. 

    [8] I AM THE LORD; THAT IS MY NAME;

        MY GLORY I GIVE TO NO OTHER,

        NOR MY PRAISE TO CARVED IDOLS.”





Admitting and acknowledging that there is ONLY ONE GOD and HIS NAME is different than mine is in itself a humbling thing.  I AM THE LORD created the Heavens and spread out the earth and what comes from it performed it all by HIMSELF, without any advice or input from HIS creation.  HE ALONE has the OMNIPOTENCE to do as HE pleases (Psalm 115:3) and HIS ways are NOT our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9), so must realize WHO HE is, but more importantly who we are and what we are created to be.


GOD tells us that “I AM THE LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I WILL TAKE YOU BY THE HAND AND KEEP YOU; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations”.  HE desires to “give us” what is needed to GIVE GLORY to HIM, but HE WILL NOT share HIS GLORY with anyone or anything other than HIMSELF.  HE even has to “OPEN THE EYES” that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness”!  We can ONLY SEE because of HIS MERCY and GRACE!


ALMIGHTY GOD holds everything in HIS HANDS and we are nothing without HIM. Isaiah 40:22 so eloquently says “It is HE (GOD) WHO sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; WHO stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;”!  HIS CREATION has no authority to question HIS actions and decisions.  We are here to GLORIFY HIM, and not try to SHARE IN HIS GLORY!


FATHER IN HEAVEN, “OPEN THE EYES” of YOUR humble servant and guide me in the paths that will GLORIFY and HONOR YOUR HOLY NAME!  I am but the lowest of YOUR GLORIOUS creation, but I am so BLESSED that YOU have used me to “OPEN THE EYES” that were blind and caused me to SEE YOUR TRUTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment