Monday, March 6, 2023

“MY DELIVERER!”

 Psalm 18:1-3                        (ESV)


The LORD Is My Rock and My Fortress


To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who addressed the words of this song to the LORD on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said:


    “[1] I love YOU, O LORD, my strength. 

    [2] The LORD is my rock and my fortress and “MY DELIVERER”,

        my GOD, my ROCK, in WHOM I take refuge,

        my SHIELD, and the HORN OF MY SALVATION, my STRONGHOLD. 

    [3] I call upon the LORD, WHO is worthy to be praised,

        and I am saved from my enemies.”





Most of the Psalms were written by King David, a man after GOD’S OWN HEART (1 Samuel 13:14)!  The fact that David wrote “this song to the LORD on the day when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul” speaks volumes to this servant.  


The joy of victory can generate elation and excitement so greatly that we tend to overlook WHO is responsible for defeating our foes?  Our every breath comes from “God, the LORD” (Isaiah 42:5) so we must remember WHO is “MY DELIVERER”!  It is not because we are smarter or more worthy, it is because ALMIGHTY GOD has CHOSEN us to the used of HIM to GLORIFY HIS NAME!  


So when we are BLESSED to experience “MY DELIVERER”, we need to give HIM GLORY and credit HIM for the victory!  HE IS “MY DELIVERER”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment