Tuesday, April 23, 2024

“HE HUMBLED HIMSELF!”

 Philippians 2:5-11                        (ESV)


“[5] Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in CHRIST JESUS, [6] WHO, though HE was in the form of GOD, did not count equality with GOD a thing to be grasped, [7] but emptied HIMSELF, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. [8] And being found in human form, “HE HUMBLED HIMSELF” by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. [9] Therefore GOD has HIGHLY EXALTED HIM and bestowed on HIM the NAME that is above every name, [10] so that at the NAME of JESUS EVERY KNEE should bow, IN HEAVEN and ON EARTH and UNDER THE EARTH, [11] and every tongue confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD, to the glory of GOD the FATHER.”





Following the Brain Hemorrhage in 2007 I was prescribed an antidepressants.  I got off of them rather quickly because they caused me side effects that were terrible.  A couple of months later a dear friend of mine was killed in a bicycle accident and I was QUICKLY prescribed another medication for depression!  After a two or three year period I was able to get off of the antidepressants and began taking something to sleep better to help me not feel so “out of control”!  I “needed” help and I wasn’t ashamed to ask for it in my position!!!   I was humbled to seek help, but I didn’t have any other choice!!!


JESUS, the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES (Colossians 1:16), submitted HIMSELF to be born in a manger, raised by a carpenter, rejected by mankind, and crucified by HIS OWN people, all because HE LOVED the world (John 3:16)!  HE became obedient to the point of death, EVEN DEATH ON A CROSS because you and I were in need of a SAVIOR!!  JESUS provided the SACRIFICE that ONLY HE could pay because humanity was broken and sinful and JESUS was the ONLY HOPE for our REDEMPTION!  HE gave up HIS THRONE and came to “this world” and provided the ULTIMATE GIFT for us!!!


There was/is NOTHING that could duplicate the SACRIFICE JESUS CHRIST paid for my sins!  “HE HUMBLED HIMSELF” to even come to earth for us, but mankind made it worse because HE yielded EVERYTHING so that HIS SACRIFICE would be enough to cover my sins!  “HE HUMBLED HIMSELF” out of LOVE for us!!!  I am so grateful that HE did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment