Thursday, September 19, 2024

“MY SOUL THIRSTS FOR YOU!”

 Psalm 63                    (ESV)


“My Soul Thirsts for YOU”


A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.


    [1] O GOD, YOU are my GOD; earnestly I seek YOU;

        my soul thirsts for YOU;

    my flesh faints for YOU,

        as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 

    [2] So I have looked upon YOU in the sanctuary,

        beholding YOUR power and glory. 

    [3] Because YOUR steadfast love is better than life,

        my lips will praise YOU. 

    [4] So I will bless YOU as long as I live;

        in YOUR NAME I will lift up my hands.


    [5] My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,

        and my mouth will praise YOU with joyful lips, 

    [6] when I remember YOU upon my bed,

        and meditate on YOU in the watches of the night; 

    [7] for YOU have been my help,

        and in the shadow of YOUR wings I will sing for joy. 

    [8] My soul clings to YOU;

       YOUR right hand upholds me.


    [9] But those who seek to destroy my life

        shall go down into the depths of the earth; 

    [10] they shall be given over to the power of the sword;

        they shall be a portion for jackals. 

    [11] But the king shall rejoice in GOD;

        all who swear by HIM shall exult,

        for the mouths of liars will be stopped.”

No comments:

Post a Comment