Friday, September 28, 2012

"Now FAITH is...."

Mark 6:5-6
"And he could do no mighty work there, except that he laid his hands on a few sick people and healed them.
And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went about among the villages teaching. "

FAITH is a funny thing!  Hebrews 11:1 says that "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."   In 2007 I was "miraculously" healed, according to my own doctor's records.   My faith that I was going to be healed was non-existent as the medicine I was given to put me in the COMA made sure of that.   My wife says her faith was not anything special, she just knew I was going to be okay!   

But, isn't that what faith is all about! She KNEW I would recover.  She did not hope or wish!   She KNEW!  These few people in the book of Mark  who were able to be healed were in a position to be helped.  "A few sick people" is all we know about them.  They could have had a cold or they could have been suffering from Leprosy!   But when we are sick, we look for help!!

According to scripture, JESUS could do no mighty work in Nazareth.   Luke 4:24 says "And he said, "Truly, I say to you, no prophet is acceptable in his hometown."   People attempt to rationalize or reason away things that GOD supernaturally does!   I have done it!  

LORD, work on me not to marginalize the works of YOUR hand in my life!   YOU ARE GOD and I PRAISE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment