Sunday, September 9, 2012

WINNING and LOSING!!!

Thoughts are running in my head.  The college football team I support just lost to an unknown team and the coach is being fired on FACEBOOK.   Everyone seems to have an opinion what to do to "FIX" the problem.    Fire them all, fire the head coach, fire the defensive coach, fire the offensive coach, and any number of other remedies!  Everyone seems to have the answer!

In less than 12 hours, it will be time to go to Sunday School and church.   Of the thousands of fans who either  attended this game or paid attention to SOME game today, I wonder how many have an opinion about whether or not to WORSHIP in the house of the LORD tomorrow?  

Everyone has opinions!   I have opinions, and I have to get used to most of them not being correct!  The sad thing is, the things that we mostly have opinions in have very little impact in our lives.  

We celebrate when our team does well and we through victory parties when our candidate wins an election. But do we make sure our LORD is celebrated on just ONE DAY per week?  Do we spend more money going to a football game than we do giving to our church?  

Five years ago I had my perspective adjusted.  I was in a COMA for twenty days and almost died!  Life is much more than a football game, or any other activity you choose to insert.  

I pray you don't have to get a "PRIORITY ADJUSTMENT" like I had.  Listen for HIS direction in your life.   Psalms 46:10 says "Be still and KNOW that I am GOD...."!   

Don't be so caught up with the small things in life.   GOD can get your attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment