Sunday, September 30, 2012

"It's just words"!

One of the biggest blessings I experienced from my stroke in 2007 was the only deficit that I have from the stroke.  My "Word Recall" isn't back to where it used to be.  People tell me that not being able to find the right word is just part of getting older!  But, I know when it is hitting me and I clam up because I don't want to say anything that might offend or embarrass.   

The "tongue" can be a blessing or a curse!   How many times have you regretted saying something? Proverbs 18:21 says " Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits."  Proverbs 21:23 follows that with"Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble. ". 

Maybe GOD is showing me through the stroke that sometimes it is more important to "Be still....and KNOW that I am GOD"!   A quote that I am reminded of is... “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”! 

LORD remind me that words, whether kind or cruel, can NOT be taken back!   

No comments:

Post a Comment