Friday, December 26, 2014

"FOOLISHNESS!"

1 Corinthians 9:16-18                   (ESV)
"16 For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. WOE TO ME IF I DO NOT PREACH THE GOSPEL!
17 For if I do this of my own will, I have a reward, but if not of my own will, I am still entrusted with a stewardship.
18 What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel."

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV) reports this verse as "For after that in the WISDOM OF GOD the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the "FOOLISHNESS" of preaching to save them that believe."



It amazes me that GOD, in HIS infinite wisdom, is able to reveal Himself to those who seek HIM by the words that others simply speak!   From the beginning GOD can be seen by those who have a desire to see HIM.  Even in the things of nature one can see the awesomeness and majesty of the DIVINE.  

The Apostle Paul had a GIFT of saying the words that glorified GOD.  Paul realized that his ability was not a skill that he had honed through years of "ministry" training or experiences. In verse 16 above Paul states "For necessity is LAID upon me!"  The gift of delivering GOD's message is one that Paul took extremely seriously, one that would eventually cost him his life!  

But Paul could not squelch the desire or urge to PREACH THE GOSPEL!  Telling all what the Spirit of JESUS CHRIST, that now lived inside of Paul, had done to and for him was as needful to him as breathing!  He did not minister to others for fame or fortune.  He did not attempt to GROW his ministry.  The only thing Paul was concerned with was doing the will of the FATHER in his life!

In the King James Version of scripture, Paul states that GOD uses the "FOOLISHNESS" of preaching to save them that believe!  GOD can use preaching, music, nature, anything that can be imagined, if people are SEEKING GOD they can find HIM!  Jeremiah 29:13 says "And ye shall 'seek' ME, and 'find' ME, when ye shall 'search' for ME with 'all' your heart.  Maybe GOS uses the "FOOLISHNESS" of preaching to show us that HE is the ONE who saves, not us???


No comments:

Post a Comment