Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"FREELY GIVEN!"

1 Corinthians 2:10-16                              (ESV)
"10 These things GOD has "revealed" to us through the SPIRIT. For the SPIRIT searches everything, even the depths of GOD.
11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of GOD except the SPIRIT of GOD.
12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the SPIRIT who is from GOD, that we might understand the things "FREELY GIVEN" us by GOD.
13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the SPIRIT, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the SPIRIT of GOD, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
16 "For who has understood the mind of the LORD so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of CHRIST."


There are times in life when I need help!  A significant question was posed to me recently and my day was already hectic beyond belief!  I needed a "time-out" from the pressures and problems of the office, but everyone seemed to need help "right now"!!  During the midst of the onslaught of "fiery darts" being fired by the enemy, I received a phone call from a friend who requested some help delivering a "word" at a meeting........in about two hours!  Realizing that the enemy had been attacking me all day, I recognized that GOD was trying to deliver a blessing to me and the enemy was trying to prevent that!

GOD has a knack, a DIVINE way, of giving HIS children the things they need at EXACTLY the RIGHT TIME they need them to accomplish HIS purpose.  The "natural person" does not accept, nor understand, Spiritual things so they tend to minimize, even ridicule, the provision of those Spiritual things as "luck" or "coincidence"!  Recognizing the enemy, even when he is disguised, is something that every Spiritual soldier must develop.  A person who realizes that Exodus 14:14 is more than a memory verse has a huge advantage in Spiritual warfare!  If GOD is fighting a battle, my help is not required!  Trusting HIM to provide deliverance is paramount in a believers life.

While driving to the meeting where I was to share a "word" with people, I began to inquire of the LORD what it was I was being led to do.  A scripture came to mind that "seemed" out-of-the-blue!  Upon arriving at the meeting I turned in my Bible to the scripture and wouldn't you know, it was EXACTLY what I needed to share that evening, AND it answered the question posed to me earlier in the day!  GOD delivered in my time of need, but only when I was at a time where I couldn't receive credit or glory for bringing the "word"!  

To understand Spiritual things you have to be a Spiritual person.  If your spirit has not been regenerated (Born-Again), then you don't have the ability to grasp or understand the things of the Spirit!  They are "folly" to you.  Believers needs to realize and accept that unbelievers can't "see" things of the Spirit.  Unbelievers will NEVER understand the things of the Spirit!  If their "eyes were opened" to see Spiritual things that are "FREELY GIVEN" to those who believe there would be fewer unbelievers!  I am blessed beyond measure to have been "FREELY GIVEN" salvation by grace by GOD above!  For those who have yet to be called, you too will be one to whom Spiritual things are "FREELY GIVEN" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment