Sunday, March 22, 2015

"THE TRUTH!"

John 14:1-7                           (ESV)
"1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in GOD; believe also in me.
2 In my FATHER's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to MYSELF, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going."
5 Thomas said to HIM, "LORD, we do not know where YOU are going. How can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and "THE TRUTH", and the life. No one comes to the FATHER except through ME.
7 If you had known ME, you would have known MY FATHER also. From now on you do know HIM and have seen HIM."



There was recently an online video that was contained something similar to the phrase "They were never looking for the Truth"!   It was from a Conservative website, but when I saw it my mind immediately went to John 14:6 where JESUS says "I am the way, "THE TRUTH", a and the life". Whenever I hear the words "THE TRUTH" my mind always go to JESUS telling HIS disciples the content in verse six and letting them know that NO ONE comes to the FATHER except through HIM!

My reason for letting you know the video was from a Conservative website was to let you know that most people, liberal or conservative, do not know "THE TRUTH" even when they are looking for it!  Even JESUS's disciples didn't fully grasp that HE was GOD in flesh, as of yet.  As a matter of fact, Peter had just been told in the preceding verses that he would deny JESUS THREE TIMES!  JESUS let them know in Acts 1:8 that the HOLY SPIRIT would empower them, but only in the FATHER's timing.  

Those who think they know "THE TRUTH" outside of JESUS are terribly mistaken.  For outside of shedding of the blood (JESUS CHRIST's blood in Hebrews 9:22) there is no remission of sin! JESUS declared in John 14:1 to "Let not your hearts be troubled."  When we understand that HE has taken our sins upon HIMSELF on Calvary, there is nothing to be troubled about!  Since HE is the way, and "THE TRUTH", and the life for each and every believer, our hearts should not be troubled in the least!

The fact that the website said "They were never looking for the Truth" should not surprise any of us!  The world doesn't want to see "THE TRUTH", as to do so shines LIGHT on their sin.  My sin was paid for by JESUS on Calvary (1 Peter 2:24) and it is removed as far as the east from the west (Psalms 103:11-12).  JESUS is "THE TRUTH" and unless your sins are covered by HIM, you can't handle "THE TRUTH"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment