Thursday, June 4, 2015

"BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY!"

Leviticus 11:44-45
"44 For 'I am' the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground.
45 For 'I am' the LORD who brought you up out of the land of Egypt to be your GOD. You shall therefore "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."



One of the best feelings a father can have is watching his child being a blessing to another human being.  Seeing my sons be used to help the less fortunate is a characteristic that I hope has been displayed in my life and has been observed by my boys.  One of my most cherished possessions is a school paper written by a son who was assigned to list 10 things about someone he respected.  Amazingly he chose his dad and the last item on his list was "He helps people when they need it"!  

Our Heavenly Father, the great 'I AM', has instilled certain characteristics in us to display we are HIS children.  Some of us are kind, some compassionate, some longsufferering, some benevolent, and on and on.  But one thing we are ALL instructed to do is to "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY"!  No one is exempted or gets a pass.  We all are directed to "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY"!  

The premise needs to be understood that we live in a fallen state and perfection will only be attained when we get to Heaven.  But we should ever STRIVE to "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY".  Disappointment and frustration can eat away at your joy and contentment if you focus on your failures instead of the Grace offered by JESUS CHRIST.  Living for HIM, allowing HIS Spirit to live in my body (Romans 7:16-18), is the most satisfying, yet challenging things I have ever done!

The trait of helping people when they need it is something I saw exhibited by my grandfather, and I'm glad my son's saw in me.  When we reflect characteristics of our ancestry it brings joy to their hearts.  When we reflect GODLY characteristics we please and honor our Creator.  We simply do what HE instilled in us when HE made us.  The only way we can "BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY"  is to allow HIM to live in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment