Thursday, February 23, 2017

"WHO AM I???"

Luke 23:39-42                 (ESV)
"39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the CHRIST? Save YOURSELF and us!"
40 But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear GOD, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?
41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this MAN has done nothing wrong."
42 And he said, "JESUS, remember me when you come into your kingdom."




I am 6'6" tall.  I have been this height since I was a senior in high school.   Being this tall there are a LOT of things that can be seen with no effort that a 5'10" person cannot see.  For instance, with no problem I can see the top of most refrigerators.  Most refrigerators have significant dust on top of them, but I don't go around telling people how dirty their refrigerator is!

While driving to work recently, GOD spoke to me that in the same way I can SEE the tops of refrigerators, a person dying from a lengthy disease SEEs death a lot differently than those who have always been healthy.  Like the criminal on the cross, when you get to the point where you KNOW you are going to die, you SEE things through a totally different prism.  You can SEE things that were previously withheld from your view, whether by your choice, or by the Heavens Father!

But not all who are in dire circumstances are able to SEE even where they are!  The one criminal was bitter and smirking.  The other was broken and humbled.   Who am I, in regards to the criminals?  Am I the arrogant criminal who, even though he was already nailed to a cross, wanted to ridicule the perfect SON of GOD?  Or am I the broken, humbled criminal who could SEE the Lamb of GOD dying for the sins of all mankind?  WHO AM I???

No comments:

Post a Comment