Monday, October 9, 2017

“HE SAW NOTHING!”

Acts 9:1-9                                        (ESV)
“1 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the LORD, went to the high priest
2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the WAY, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him.
4 And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?"
5 And he said, "WHO are YOU, LORD?" And HE said, "I am JESUS, WHOM you are persecuting.
6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do."
7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, “HE SAW NOTHING”. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.”


In the passage of scripture above, Saul could not SEE even though his eyes were open?!?  Saul had intended to go to Damascus to persecute people who belonged to THE WAY, but GOD intervened and adjusted man’s plan once again.  Only when GOD ALMIGHTY determined that he was able to comprehend what was before him did HE open his eyes to what he was looking at.  

How many times have I had my plans altered by GOD, even when I failed to recognize HIM?  One of my biggest weaknesses is driving behind slower moving traffic.   Could it POSSIBLY be that GOD is trying to prevent me from a catastrophe ahead?  Or could HE POSSIBLY just be trying to get me to SLOW my life down to a pace HE wants to be Glorified with, noticing the scenery that I have so often SPED past with the auspices of serving HIM?  

Sometimes we can’t SEE what GOD is doing because HE has chosen to use those circumstances to draw us closer to HIM.  Saul had so much clutter in his vision that he was blinded for three days, eating and drinking nothing during this time, and ONLY THEN did GOD send Ananias (Acts 9:17-19)to minister to him.  

In 2007 I was hospitalized for 52 days, 17 of those days in a drug-induced coma, before GOD delivered me.   From time to time I have to be reminded that making quotas at work, or fulfilling my dreams, or all of “my plans” are not important.  I must, first and foremost, seek HIS will for “my” life and let HIM take care of the rest.  


When we get to the point that all we can focus on is the negative things going on in “this world”, that may be a sign that we are moving too quickly to SEE the things of GOD?  Saul came to a place where “HE SAW NOTHING” and he had to wait on GOD for deliverance.   In 2007, I was in similar position.  Don’t allow yourself to get to a place where “HE SAW NOTHING” before you allow GOD to be GOD in your life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment