Wednesday, October 4, 2017

“YOU NEED ONLY TO BE SILENT!”

Exodus 14:14                                   (ESV)
“The LORD will fight for you, and “YOU HAVE ONLY TO BE SILENT." 



You often hear people who say “this is my favorite Bible verse”.   However, the verse above is DEFINITELY NOT on of my favorite verses in all of scripture.  As a matter of fact, this verse causes me to “change” more than any verse I have experienced.  

The first part of the verse is what I would guess that most would focus on, “The LORD will fight for you”.  But the second part, “and you have only to be silent”, is the part that almost constantly convicts me!   The LORD has a way a making me “wait” until I am through “bellyaching” before HE will speak to me in HIS still, small voice.  

The children of Israel in the latter part of verse ten, eleven and twelve were “bellyaching” to GOD!   They said “....And the people of Israel CRIED OUT TO THE LORD.
11 They said to Moses, "Is it because there are no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness? What have you done to us in bringing us out of Egypt?
12 Is not this what we said to you in Egypt: 'Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians'? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness."  While is is true they were speaking to Moses, verse ten says “And the people of Israel cried out to the LORD”!!!!  They couldn’t have heard the LORD even they wanted to because they were whining!!!

How many times do I get caught up with how I think things should be going and start whining about how things are going?  GOD may be leading me to the banks of the Red Sea and causing me to wait until the Egyptians get close enough to me so HE can drown them at the bottom of the Red Sea, but I am too busy complaining to hear HIM say “I GOT THIS”!    


MOST HOLY GOD, cause me to understand that YOU are “I AM THAT I AM” and that “YOU NEED ONLY TO BE SILENT”! 

No comments:

Post a Comment