Friday, September 27, 2019

“MIRROR DIMLY!”

1 Corinthians 13:11-12                             (ESV)
“11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
12 For NOW WE SEE in a “MIRROR DIMLY”, but then face to face. NOW I KNOW IN PART; THEN I SHALL KNOW FULLY, even as I have been fully known.”



It seems that I am constantly having to change my take on how I SEE things.  Like the Apostle Paul, I am finding out that when I was younger I could only SEE (reason) what was right in front of my eyes.  As I mature, both physically and SPIRITUALLY, I am blessed with more WISDOM from our CREATOR!  James 1:5 says “If any of you lacks WISDOM, let him ask GOD, WHO gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”  

How many times do I fail to do what GOD is leading me to do simply because I DO NOT ASK what HE wants me to do???  HIS WORD tells me that HE gives WISDOM to those who ask, but I get so caught up in getting things done on my timeline that I cannot SEE what GOD is leading me to do.  In my younger years I was so “headstrong” (some day stubborn!) that I WOULD NOT even ask where GOD desired for me to go.  But as I mature, I am finding out that following HIS lead is the best path for me!  

Do I always seek HIS WISDOM and Guidance?  Regrettably not.  But HIS WORD tells me that HE gives WISDOM to ALL generously to all without reproach, IF WE ASK OF GOD!  If I am satisfied with continuing to SEE in a “MIRROR DIMLY” then I will have to continue experiencing the same disappointments and trials that I have in the past.  But asking ALMIGHTY GOD for WISDOM will alter my path and lead me where HE is guiding me.  

HEAVENLY FATHER, cause me to continually be in a mode of maturation where I ASK YOU for Guidance and Leadership in my life.  Being able to SEE where I am headed is my desire.  Making sure that I my eyes aren’t fixed on a “MIRROR DIMLY”, but on the more PERFECT PLAN that YOU have for me is my desire!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment