Tuesday, September 3, 2019

“LET NOT!”

John 14:25-27                                          (ESV)
“25 "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you.
26 But the HELPER, the HOLY SPIRIT, whom the FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE will teach you all things and BRING TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE ALL THAT I HAVE SAID to you.
27 Peace I leave with you; MY PEACE I GIVE TO YOU. Not as the world gives do I give to you. LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED, NEITHER LET THEM BE AFRAID.”



The great deceiver is introduced to mankind in Genesis 3:1a, when Scripture says “Now the serpent (Satan) was more crafty (beguiling; deceitful) than any other beast of the field that the LORD GOD had made.”  Part of his goal is to cause us to DOUBT and disobey what the LORD GOD has said to us (Genesis 3:1b).  Part of our responsibility as Children of GOD is to KNOW what GOD is saying to us, and we do that by continually allowing HIS WORD to guide and direct our lives through diligent study of HIS WORD (Joshua 1:8)!  We don’t have the capability of competing with the deceit of the enemy OUTSIDE OF THE TRUTH offered to us by JESUS!

The passage of Scripture above is one that has always brought comfort to me.  OUR CREATOR says that HIS FATHER WILL send us a HELPER, the HOLY SPIRIT, WHO WILL BRING TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE ALL THAT I HAVE SAID to you.  Please make note that JESUS didn’t promise that the HOLY SPIRIT would give us NEW revelations, but HIS promise was that the HOLY SPIRIT would BRING TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE ALL THAT I HAVE SAID!  HE cannot bring to our remembrance things that haven’t been entered into our memory banks!

If we are experiencing a valley and we are searching for answers, if our memory banks are empty due to neglect then we have set ourselves up for failure!  JESUS says in John 14:27 to “”LET NOT” YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED, NEITHER LET THEM BE AFRAID.”  My heart has been TROUBLED (many times) and I have been AFRAID, but mainly when I don’t have enough of HIS WORD in me to avoid the DOUBT sent by the enemy!  

Psalms 119:11 says “I have stored up your word in my heart, THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN AGAINST YOU.”  Romans 14:23b says “...FOR WHATEVER DOES NOT PROCEED FROM FAITH IS SIN!”  This is a humbling statement, but when I sin against GOD, it indicates that evidently I DO NOT HAVE FAITH that GOD is GOD!  JESUS the CHRIST paid for ALL of our sins, past, present and future.  But we MUST confess that we are sinners before HIM to receive HIS forgiveness.  When HE said “LET NOT” your hearts be troubled, HE was saying ALL was going to be forgiven by HIS sacrifice.  Our debt has been paid, IF WE “LET NOT” the deceiver sell us his lies!  

No comments:

Post a Comment